New Year’s Cauldron Workshop
January 7-8, 2017 9 AM – 6 PM
CDN$250, materials and taxes included
(or $175/person building a large cauldron together)
class size of 2 to 4
Build the cauldron you want at Royal Oak Armoury’s upcoming cauldron workshop. Choose among patterns for several early-medieval styles in varying sizes, depending on its intended use. You could even register with a friend and build a really large cauldron together!
Cost of attendance includes all materials, regardless of how ambitious the cauldron you undertake. Those who choose a smaller cauldron may have time to forge a suspension chain and hook. Lunch and refreshments will be included.
How to Register
- Decide what type of cauldron you want to build. Those with the least previous experience will find cauldrons with fewer plates and rivets easiest. See the list of cauldrons below for available options.
- If you plan to attend with a friend, you can consider building a large cauldron together. Options below.
- Contact Jeffrey Hildebrandt (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your choice, and wait for confirmation that registration is still open.
- Pay the course fee via PayPal to the above email address to secure a spot in the class.
- You will receive an email with directions to the shop and suggestions for personal safety equipment to bring.
- If you need to cancel your registration, please do so at least seven days before the workshop to get a full refund. Late cancellations will be shorted $40 to cover the cost of having cut your patterns.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We hope to see you there!
2L Vendel cauldron:
4 or 8L Dalarna cauldron:
For groups of two who wish to build a larger cauldron together:
12 or 20L Oseberg cauldron
20L Telemark cauldron: